The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency/ (UCHRA) has an opening for a Direct Care Worker at UCHRA’s Chance facility. The Direct Care Worker will insure the safety of all residents under their supervision and provide a positive role model for the clients. Key areas of focus are supervision and instruction on making better decisions to achieve positive outcomes, enabling the clients to make a successful transition back to their home or other placement options.
- Maintaining safety and proper supervision of residents at all times
- Providing positive role models and developing appropriate relationships with all residents
- Assures that residents follow the rules of the facility and encourage positive interaction with others
- Teaches Independent Living Skills and assures that residents maintain proper personal hygiene
- Transports residents
- Diffuses crisis situations
- Helps residents resolve any problems which may occur
- Age 18 or older
- Complete personal background check and fingerprinting
- Pass a drug screen test
- Pass a Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) physical, unless otherwise identified
The successful applicant will possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid Tennessee driver’s license. Preferred qualifications include one year of documented experience.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer