The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) is currently accepting applications for a Call Center Representative. The Call Center Representative provides information to passengers, the general public, and contract accounts regarding routing information, scheduling of trips, general questions and concerns regarding UCHRA Public Transportation service through the use of communication equipment; telephone, computer mobile scheduling system, and in-person interaction.
- Provide public transportation and para-transit customer service and routing services to the general public
- Communicate with transportation clients, contract accounts, and other transportation locations within the UCHRA Public Transportation service area regarding trip scheduling, trip modifications, and potential new trans portion clients in their area
- Maintain daily communications records regarding trips, questions, and concerns from clients, contracts, and the general public
- Monitor computer and phone systems, notify supervisor of situations requiring attention
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties including answering a multi-line phone, data entry and typing duties, maintaining accurate daily phone log records
- Provide a variety of public transportation information to passengers, the general public, and other public agencies
- Provide quality customer service and respond to public inquiries and requests for services in a courteous manner.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers
- Principles and procedures of record-keeping
- Knowledge of streets, landmarks, and geography of the Upper Cumberland
- Ability to interact effectively with the public and co-workers when providing and/or receiving information
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions regarding the transportation and care of passengers
- Gives permission for a background check and the background check meets agency requirements
- The position requires, a negative pre-employment drug test after the job offer, random drug testing, and reasonable drug suspicion
Qualified applicants should possess a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working with the public to provide the knowledge abilities, and skills needed for the job. This position requires various public transit education classes to maintain and/or add new certifications during employment.