Position: Driver Education Instructor
Location: Putnam County
Job Description: The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) has an opening for a part-time Driver Education Instructor. This instructor will be under the supervision of the Community Intervention Services Director and is responsible for teaching classes from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday evenings for 5-week terms. In addition, each student will receive six (6) hours of guided drive time, which will be scheduled by the instructor. Candidates must be 21 years old and must pass a physical exam, drug test, fingerprint check, criminal and DMV background check.
- Maintain an F endorsement license with the Tennessee Department of Safety as Certified Instructor and a Third Party License Examiner
- Maintain current information regarding driving laws in the State of Tennessee
- Establish and maintain driver education curriculum to best serve enrolled students
- Facilitate driver education in a classroom setting
- Provide one-on-one driver education road instruction
- Coordinate drive sessions with student
- Administer driver examination after students complete all required lessons
- Grade students driving and ensure passing students are qualified drivers
- Maintain students files to ensure all required paperwork is completed
- Complete all required reports for the Tennessee Department of Safety
Applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com or by mail to UCDD/UCHRA, 1104 England Drive, Cookeville TN 38501.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER