Position: SOS Transit Operator
Job Description: The Upper Cumberland Human Resources Agency (UCHRA) has multiple openings for part-time SOS Transit Operator. The SOS Transit Operator will transport persons throughout areas of the Upper Cumberland to and from designated locations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner. This position is responsible for those trips that do not fit into the UCHRA regular public transportation, i.e. routes, after hours, or weekends.
- Observe all traffic and safety regulations
- Assist passengers as required by Agency policy and procedure
- Receives daily instruction and route assignments from management
- Assist in loading wheelchair clients ensuring the passenger and wheelchair are secured properly
- Provides daily vehicle inspections 15 hours of driver training annually
- Obtain and maintain at a minimum Class D Tennessee drivers license with an F Endorsement
- Must be insurable under the Agency’s insurance policy
- Pass a background check that meets all Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) requirements, contract and agency requirements
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
The position requires a background check and pre-employment drug test. Please submit a resume or contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.