Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency has an opening for a Mechanic I. The Mechanic I inspects, services, maintains, and repairs UCHRA Public Transportation vehicles to meet required industry safety standards.
- Perform required vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance, and repair tasks per industry and manufacturer standards, including electrical (communication, lighting, and wiring) for proper function
- Perform diagnostic tasks to effectively accomplish repairs, including the operation of specialized diagnostic tools
- Document all inspections, preventative maintenance, and repair tasks using approved UCHRA forms
- Respond to service calls as necessary, including that outside of working hours
- Safely transport UCHRA transit vehicles as needed to meet scheduling requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Fleet Operations Manager
- Good verbal skills and literacy
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform required inspections, maintenance, and repairs
- Ability to operate various models of vehicles
- Ability to professionally interact with drivers, clients, UCHRA staff, and management
The successful applicant will possess a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of three (3) years of mechanical engine experience (gas and diesel), and a valid Tennessee driver’s license with “F” endorsement. The position requires continued education classes to maintain and add new certifications.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer