The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) is currently accepting applications for a Health/Disability Services Specialist to serve the UCHRA Van Buren County Head Start. The Health/Disability Services Specialist will be responsible for management and oversight of health services.
- Screenings and tracking of all enrolled children including:
- Developmental, speech, hearing, vision, dental, etc. and make referrals as needed
- Working with mental health professionals and consultants in identifying, planning, and delivering services
- Conducting monthly classroom observations and arranging bi-yearly observations by mental health
- Consulting to provide prevention, identification, and intervention with problems that could interfere with a child’s development
- Assisting with keeping accurate USDA records, design, and ensure implementation of menus
- Maintaining current contracts as needed
- Monitoring staff’s health services, i.e. physical and supports services, background checks, driver license
- Supervise Custodian, Safety, and Nutrition staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor
- Attend a minimum of 100 hours of appropriate training annually
- Participate in in-service training
- Understand potential hazards ex: chemicals, bodily fluids, etc.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations ex: safety belts, etc.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Submit to pre-hire and random background checks, random drug tests, child abuse, and sex offender registry checks
- Have knowledge of and be able to use the technology and software
The successful applicant will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education, complete TECTA Orientation, and maintain a class observer certification.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to email@example.com