Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency has an opening for a Health and Disability Specialist at Van Buren County Head Start. The Health/Disability Services Specialist will be responsible for the management and oversight of health services.
- Responsible for screenings, and tracking of all enrolled children including but not limited to:
- developmental, speech, hearing, vision, dental etc. and make referrals as needed Work with Mental Health Professionals and Consultants identifying, planning, and delivering service
- Conduct monthly classroom observations, arrange bi-yearly observations by Mental Health
- Consult to provide prevention, identification and intervention with problems that could interfere with a child’s development
- Assist in keeping accurate U.S.D.A. records, design and assure implementation of menus
- Maintain current contracts as needed
- Monitor staff’s health services, i.e. physical and support services, background checks, driver’s license
- Supervise Custodian, Safety, and Nutrition staff including cooks
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor
- Attend a minimum of 100 hours of annual training in appropriate areas
- Participate in pre-service and in-service training
- Understand potential hazards ex: chemicals, bodily fluids, etc
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations ex: safety belts, etc
- Possess excellent oral and written communication
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Submit to pre-hire and random background checks, random drug tests, child abuse, and sex offender registry checks
- Have knowledge of and be able to use the technology and software
The successful applicant will possess an associate’s degree in a relevant area of service, complete TECTA orientation, and maintain Class Observer Certification.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer