Position: Director of Transportation
Location: Putnam County
Job Description: The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) has an opening for Director of Transportation. The Director of Transportation is responsible for the overall administration, operation, and compliance of the transportation program, which provides public transportation to rural residents of all ages including deviated fixed-route and demand-response service.
Functions and Duties include:
- Directs budget preparation and expenditure of budgeted funds
- Provides financial and activity reports to TDOT
- Negotiates state vehicle replacement and expansions program
- Ensures departmental compliance with state and federal regulations
- Coordinates operations with the county offices
- Identifies opportunities to provide transit services; negotiates and implements contracts
- Supervises administrative and vehicle maintenance staff
- Serves on Public Transportation Association board of directors
- Directs proposal and grant writing efforts
- Monitors and seeks ways to continually improve intelligent technology system operations
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field; extensive experience in management and administration of transportation program or related field; Certified Community Transit Manager (CCTM) certification from the Community Transportation Association of America is required in first 24 months of employment.
Applications are currently being accepted.
Click to download our application. Once completed the application can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Attn: Human Resources
1104 England Dr.
Cookeville, TN 38501