Position: Director of Head Start Program
Location: Van Buren County
Job Description: The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) has an opening for Director of the Head Start program in Van Buren County. The Head Start Director leads the federally-funded early childhood development program and is responsible for maintaining federal performance standards governing classrooms, transportation, nutrition, and health screenings.
Functions and Duties include:
- Oversees the implementation of the Head Start program
- Supervises staff and coordinates personnel assignments
- Directs budget preparation and expenditure of budgeted funds
- Works closely with the Policy Council
- Promotes parental engagement and communication
- Conducts public relations efforts to develop community support
- Develops operational procedures for areas of service
- Represents Head Start at meetings and training opportunities
- Attends 100 hours of annual training
- Assumes responsibility for grant applications and compliance
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework coupled with early childhood education teaching experience.
Applications are currently being accepted.
Click to download our application. Once completed the application can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Attn: Human Resources
1104 England Dr.
Cookeville, TN 38501