Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency/Van Buren County Head Start has an opening for a Custodian at Van Buren County Head Start. The Custodian will ensure the safety of all children and others participating in the program to ensure high-quality services as well as carry out goals, policies, and activities designed to implement the Health & Safety objectives, Head Start Performance Standards, Tennessee Licensing Child Care Regulations, and instructions.
- Responsible for keeping classrooms and playground clean and free of hazardous materials and/or conditions
- Conduct monthly, weekly, daily maintenance and safety checklist
- Perform janitorial duties
- Follow all vehicle inspections, vehicle daily log sheet, and vehicle operation laws
- Assist in the recruitment of children who are eligible for enrollment
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Attend staff meetings, state and regional workshops, and training as deemed necessary by the supervisor
- Understand potential hazards ex: chemicals, bodily fluids, etc.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations ex: safety belts, etc.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Submit to pre-hire and random background checks, random drug tests, child abuse, and sex offender registry checks
- Have knowledge of and be able to use the technology and software
- Attend a minimum of 60 hours of appropriate training per year
The successful applicant will possess a high school diploma/GED and TECTA. Preferred qualifications include CDL and National Playground Safety Inspection Certification.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer