Position: Custodian/Bus Monitor (Van Buren County Head Start)
Location: Van Buren County
Job Description: The Upper Cumberland Human Resources Agency (UCHRA) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Custodian/Bus Monitor at our Van Buren County Head Start facility. The Custodian/Bus Monitor will safely monitor children being transported, be responsible for general building and grounds maintenance. Other expectations include:
- Keep classrooms and playgrounds clean and free of hazardous materials and/or conditions
- Completion of training and understanding of Head Start safety requirements
- Provide physical assistance to passengers loading and unloading the bus
- Require all passengers to use seat belts/child restraint devices
- Follow all vehicle inspections, daily log sheets, and vehicle operation laws
- Provide operational inspections and preventive maintenance for bus
- Ensure all child release procedures are followed per rules and regulations
- Ensure cleaning and maintenance of Head Start meet local, state, and federal health regulations
- Ensure MSDS records and labels are maintained according to local, state, and federal requirements
- Possess knowledge of usage of tools and equipment
- Advocate for Head Start
Qualifications: The successful applicant will be a high school graduate/equivalent, participate in in-service training and other required training (minimum 60 hours annually), understand potential hazards ex: chemicals, bodily fluids, etc., adhere to all safety rules and regulations ex: safety belts, etc., possess excellent oral and written communication, be detail-oriented and able to multitask, submit to pre-hire and random background checks, random drug testing, and pass child abuse and sex offender registry checks.
Applications are currently being accepted.