The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency has an opening for a County Office Specialist in Warren County, Tenn. The County Office Specialist will perform public transportation scheduling, routing, and dispatching duties; operates a variety of communication equipment, including two-way radio, telephone, computer mobile dispatch terminal, and scheduling systems; creates, maintains, and monitors computerized driver manifests/schedules; and responds to requests for service and provides information to passengers and the general public.
- Provide public transportation and para-transit dispatching and routing services to the general public, dispatch deviated fixed route and para-transit vehicles as appropriate
- Create, maintain and monitor computerized daily manifests/schedules for dispatching and routing transit services; modify and update schedules to improve services
- Monitor computer and two-way radio for information regarding scheduling issues and field situations; notify supervisor of situations requiring attention
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties including answering a multi-line phone, data entry, and typing duties; selling bus tickets, passes and collect fares; maintaining accurate records, logs, and files on transportation services; creating monthly reports
- Provide a variety of public transportation information to passengers, the general public, and other public agencies
- Provide quality customer service and respond to public inquiries and requests for services in a courteous manner
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers
- Principles and procedures of record keeping. Knowledge of streets, landmarks, and geography of the Upper Cumberland
- Ability to interact effectively with the public and co-workers when providing and/or receiving information
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions regarding the transportation and care of passengers
- Gives permission for a background check and the background check meets agency requirements
- The position requires a negative pre-employment drug test after the job offer, random drug testing, and reasonable drug suspicion.
The successful applicant will possess a high school diploma or equivalent and have experience working with the public to provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills needed for the job. This position requires various public transit education classes to maintain and/or add new certifications during employment.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer