The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) is currently accepting applications for a Classroom Teacher to serve the Chance Girls Home. The Classroom Teacher will work in conjunction using a team approach to perform all tasks with equal responsibility as well as supervise the classroom environment.
- Maintain daily function in the classroom ex: daily lesson plans, daily schedule, etc.
- Carry out a program of instruction as directed by the Education Supervisor
- Keep current records of each child
- Assist families and children needing health services or social services via appropriate referrals
- Assure developmental screenings and assessments are conducted in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate daily attendance records and meal counts
- Assist in preparation of budget
- Aid in the assurance of compliance with all program regulations and agency policies
- Conduct at least two (2) parent-teacher conferences per year as well as home visits at least twice a year
- Accurately complete and submit all data and reports as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor
- Attend a minimum of 100 hours of appropriate training annually
- Participate in in-service training
- Understand potential hazards ex: chemicals, bodily fluids, etc.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations ex: safety belts, etc.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Submit to pre-hire and random background checks, random drug tests, child abuse, and sex offender registry checks
- Have knowledge of and be able to use the technology and software
The successful applicant will possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education, complete TECTA Orientation, and maintain a CDL driver’s license.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org