Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency has an opening for a Classroom Teacher Aide at Van Buren County Head Start. The Classroom Teacher Aide will work in conjunction with the classroom teacher using a team approach
to perform all tasks with equal responsibility.
- Maintain daily functions in the classroom ex: daily lesson plans, daily schedule, etc.
- Carry out the program of instruction as directed by the Education Supervisor
- Keep current records of each child, i.e. developmental progress, etc
- Conduct home visits at least twice a year
- Conduct at least two (2) parent-teacher conferences per year
- Assist families and children needing health services or social services via appropriate referrals
- Accompany children during activities, be responsible for their safety
- Bus driver/monitor schedule and adhere to state and federal requirements
- Advocate for Head Star, and encourage parents to become advocates for their families and children
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor
- Participate in in-service training programs and career development programs
- Attend a minimum of 100 hours of appropriate training annually
- Understand potential hazards ex: chemicals, bodily fluids, etc
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations ex: safety belts, etc
- Possess excellent oral and written communication
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Submit to pre-hire and random background checks, random drug tests, child abuse, and sex offender registry checks
- Have knowledge of and be able to use the technology and software
The successful applicant will possess a high school graduate, TECTA orientation, maintains CDL, maintains a CDA preschool credential, or a state awardee certificate that meets or exceeds requirements.
Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer