Position: Safety and Security Manager
Location: Putnam County
Job Description: The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) has an opening for a Safety and Security Manager in its Transportation Department. The objective of this position is to improve the professional preparedness of public transportation personnel for emergencies; maximize staff’s ability to provide safe and secure transit service while keeping customer service top priority; ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations; investigate accidents and incidents. Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com by Friday, Nov. 6, 2020.
Duties will include:
- Perform safety and security assessment of existing operations
- Develop safety, security, and emergency preparedness plan and programs and train staff
- Investigate accidents and incidents and make reports to the authorities, department head, insurance, contractors & TDOT
- Conduct presentations to large and small audiences.
- On-call 24/7 in order to assist during emergency situations
- Review accident/incident reports to reduce number and severity
- Maintain complete safety file of each accident and /or incident that occurs
- Supervisory skills – including evaluating, coaching, counseling, and motivational skills.
- Computer software and application skills including Microsoft Office, GPS tracking systems, scheduling software, camera software, etc.
- Proficiency in radio communication equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma with 5 years of experience in a related field
- Must possess or obtain required Public Transportation training certificates in the first 12 months of employment; requires continuing education classes/certifications.
- Must maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license with “F” endorsement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click to download our application. Once completed the application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attn: Human Resources
1104 England Dr.
Cookeville, TN 38501